Peel and complete the product in a moment. Read more about the peeling technology below.
Part of EKKO maskiner
Formit is a product brand owned by EKKO maskiner A/S. Formit completes the lineup from Field to Peeled products.
The unique and patented FORMIT Combi-peeler is a machine with a knife cutting surface, which peels clean raw material, resulting in a finished product. The one roller, with a combination of an abrasive peeling element and a knife peeling element, offers advantages that cannot be found in any other peeling machine.
The abrasive part of the element removes/opens the outer skin of the raw material. This part of the process provides the knife element with a long user lifetime. Since the hard skin of the raw material is partially removed, the knife peeling is therefore easier.
The FORMIT COMBI-peelers can be used without the addition of water into the peeling process. Water is only required for cleaning purposes!
Peeling element alternatives for Combi-peelers
Depending on the type of peeling needed the Combi-peeler can be deleivered with different types of peeling elements.
1) Carborundum abrasive combined with stainless steel knife . This is the classic combi peeling element. This element is good for peeling unprepared raw material to ready knife peeled product. The abrasive part can be renewed, it is important that the abrasive part is in good condition, just to protect the knives.
2) Stainless steel abrasive combined wit stainless steel knives.This element is good when the raw material is a (pre-peeled) sligthly peeled product. The adavantage is that no carborundum sand remains in the waste or in the final product.
3) Stainless steel knives on both element parts. The numbers of knives can be different on the first part of the element and on the second part of the element. For example 70 cutting edges first part (rougher cut) and 100 cutting edges on the second part (fine cut)
4) Stainless steel abrasive peeling element. Can be done with several abrasive grids, rougher to finer. This peeling element is good for a pre-peeled product.
5) Carborundum abrasive, the conventional peeling element in a roller peeler. The grid on first and second section of the peeling element can be different. This peeling element type is good for pre-peeling.
6) Brush element type, only used for brushing applications.